Monday, March 24, 2008

back from the edge

i recently got bad news.  through no fault of my own, i was gonna be fired.
downsized. let go. shit-canned. given the ol' pink slip.  well, today, a stay of execution,
 the grand old supreme court of the 
magnificant state of florida extended my
temporary certification to practice law.  it was a close call,
and i am not out of the woods yet, as "the others" may still want
to rake me over the coals in a kafka-esque inquisition. but for the moment,
i gots my jobby-job back and i will be representing traffic gangstas 
in a court of law near you next week. i am taking this week off, pending my reassignment.  this is good because i can turn my 
full attension to tending bar at 
the aformentioned world music conference.  
 it promises to provide house music of varying degrees
of annoyingness, as well as lots of eurotrash and exotic beauties.

No comments: